Hello my amazing friends! I hope you all are doing well. Please make sure you dress up properly before leaving your home so that you can avoid freezing, it is absolutely cold these days. Today, am so thrilled to share with you amazing tips on how to feel better, less lonely especially if you are living alone. During my studies at Rotterdam University, I learnt from my colleague whom was writing a thesis on Loneliness experienced by the elderly and it’s management. Well I learnt a lot from him, because he shared his thesis work with me.
See below some cool tips on how you can feel less lonely, especially if you are single, in school far away from your friends and family or an elderly. Here we go!!
- Read a lot, books helps you to keep your mind occupied, read awesome novels, books etc
- Watch Nollywood movies ( Nigerian movies) or Hollywood movies, there are a lot of movies these days on YouTube. You would love them.
- If you are an elderly, call your family often or have them call you. You can video call on WhatsApp or skype.
- Go for a walk!
- Indulge in a hobby such as cooking writing, jogging, photography singing, makeup
- Develop good relationship with your neighbours and make new friends, so you can visit them and chat.
- Adopt a child or a pet.
- Travel! Rent a hotel or Airbnb room somewhere in the world, hop in the plane and fly away!!!
I hope these tips where helpful! Please do share with me how you manage loneliness, I do love to hear from you. Please do share this article to inspire others too!
I love you so much.
CONNECT WITH ME »