Hello muffins!!! I was inspired to write this post by a friend of mine! Everybody is different, and everybody has different ways of dealing with periods when they are not in their best mood but if you’re looking for suggestions, you may find these helpful:
- Step back and self-reflect. Whenever I start feeling down, I try to stop, reflect, and get to the root of my feelings.
- Reach out to someone. I used to bottle up my feelings out of fear that I would be judged if I talked about them. I’ve since learned that reaching out to a loving, understanding person is one of the best things I can do. You can reach out to a trusted friend, partner or relative, it’s ok to cry on someone shoulder. You can discuss how you feel and brainstorm on how to make you feel better.
- Listen to music. Music can heal, put you in a better mood, and make you feel less alone, or take you on a mental journey. I love listening to gospel music, Rihanna, Davido, Psquare, Ed Sheeran, Adele, Coldplay and wiz kid.
- Cuddle or play with pets. If you are blessed with pets, that is terrific, spending quality time with a loving pet can instantly make your heart and soul feel better.
- Go for a walk. Walking always helps me clear my head and shed negative energy. It’s especially therapeutic if you choose to walk at a scenic location. You may decide to register in a Gym, engage in sporting activities.
- Drink something healthy and reinvigorating. For some reason, orange juice always puts me in a better mood and makes me feel revitalized and serene. There are many health and mood benefits of drinking orange juice and other fruit juices. You may also want to drink minted thee or other flavored thee.
- Write. Writing is usually the first thing I do when I’m feeling down. It always helps me get my thoughts and feelings out in front of me. I love writing this blog post to inspire, reach out to you my awesome readers. I do a lot of research, I do ask people some questions such as how to you get better at your job? What are the activities that you engage in to make you feel better, etc., I get a lot of feedback that is how I learn. Please do not be afraid to make new friends, and be open. It’s part of living! A friend of mine always says, you only live once, which is very true.
- Take a nap. Sometimes we just need to recharge. I always feel better after getting some rest.
- Plan a fun activity. Moping around never helps me feel any better, so it usually helps to plan something fun to do if I’m feeling up to it. It can be something as simple as creating my own vision board or something as big as planning a trip. I enjoy playing with my kids a lot. I also love to go window shopping when am bored, or hangout in the library, with friends, do my groceries, and cleaning your home, cloths, garage helps a lot too because your mind tend to be occupied and you do not get to think about negative stuff.
- Do something spontaneous. Some of my favorite memories entail choices I made spontaneously. We should all learn to let go of routine every now and then and do something exciting and unplanned. You may go for a spontaneous trip or decide to spontaneously do 200 meter race, challenge yourself every day, and have something or someone to look up to. You may listen to great motivators such as Oprah, Brian Tracy or listen to funny YouTube videos such as The Ellen show, two and half man and the big bang theory.
Please do share with me tips on how you tend to elevate your mood and feel better when ever you are not feeling so excited, do love to hear from you.
I hope you are inspired.
I love you
CONNECT WITH ME »